Office, research and PR manager
Marjon D.P. Elfferich (1956) has been working since 2010 as a policy co-worker for the ild care foundation. In this position she facilitates researchers and PhD students, cares for and guides the submission of applications for grants and sponsorships. In addition, she develops patient information, such as information leaflets, DVDs and website pages. She also handles common administrative tasks and acts as a contact person for the ild care foundation.
Besides she works as a physiotherapist on call in hospital Gelderse Vallei (ZGV) Ede, the Netherlands.
Focus areas include: interstitial lung disease (ild), including sarcoidosis, occupational and environment-related lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis and drug-induced lung disease, rehabilitation and physical therapy, personal counseling of patients and their partners, patients as central figure in the care program, research in ild and e-health.
Previous positions and ancillary activities
Previously she worked from 1980 to 2008, as a physiotherapist and haptotherapist in Gelderland Valley Hospital (ZGV) in Ede, the last 10 years with lung patients.
From 2008 to 2010 she was project manager ‘ild care: ready for the future’ in the Maastricht University Medical Centre (MUMC +) Maastricht) in the Netherlands. Here, her activities were mainly focused on patients with interstitial lung diseases, in particular sarcoidosis.
She was for 10 years (1997-2007) a member of the Advisory Board of the Patient society: Sarcoidosis Belangenvereniging of the Netherlands (SBN).
From 2008 till 2011 she was organizational manager of the WASOGBAL 2011 conference in June 2011 in Maastricht.
Education and training
- Physiotherapy, Academy voor Physical Therapy, Arnhem, 1979.
- Intensive care training for nurses, ZGV, Ede, 1984.
- Cardiac rehabilitation, Dutch Paramedical Institute, 1988.
- Haptotherapy, Institute of Applied Haptonomy, Nijmegen, 1994.
- Course and visiting Dept. of interstitial lung disease, National Jewish Health, respiratory hospital, Denver, USA, 2000
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, Dutch Paramedical Institute, Papendal, Arnhem, 2003.
- ICH GCP Research Course, CTCM, Maastricht, 2009.
List of publications:
see PubMed link